Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

Home at last...Home at last.  Corah likes this place much better.



I don't know that I have posted about the PE. (Making a very long story short.) I spent a lot more time in the hospital than expected.  I had the option to go home soon and do lovenex shots until my blood was to a therapeutic state. If I did that then I would have had to give up nursing Corah. Because BF is important to me I choose the Heparin route. This meant that I was on a continuous IV drip. I had 30+ needle sticks for blood tests as well. As it turns out BF sent my metabolism into over drive so the standard level of coumadin just wasn't cutting it.  When they went off of 'protocol' we finally got me to that magic level and I got to come home. I did have a second episode last night were I had a new blood clot go to my lung or the existing one move again. In any case I am glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment